Because our hands have constant exposure to the elements, they are often one of the first places to start showing the visible signs of ageing.
However, when it comes to aesthetic treatments and slowing down and improving the signs of ageing more attention is given to the face and neck area and the hands are often overlooked.
This is a shame as there are several procedures that can be used on their own or combined together to greatly improve the appearance of ageing hands.
Most typically, people will start to notice the appearance of pigmentation and sun spots. As the skin thins and volume is lost, veins become more prominent and tendons become visible making the hands appear older and bony looking.
Hand rejuvenation procedures will help give a more youthful appearance to the hands by restoring lost volume underneath the skin and resurfacing the skin to correct age spots and pigmentation. This can be achieved with either one procedure or a combination or procedures. All treatment programmes are tailored specifically to your individual needs and what can realistically be achieved for you.
The different procedures that can be used to improved ageing hands are:
- Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler to hypdrate and plump out the skin
- Calcium based Dermal Filler to provide immediate volume and stimulate the body to produce its own natural collagen
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to remove age spots and pigmentation
- Skin Peels to remove light pigmentation, fine lines and give an overall healthy glow to the hands
- Foam Sclerotherapy for hands with exceptionally prominent veins
We request that all new patients have a consultation prior to having any treatment so that the most suitable procedure(s) can be arranged for you.
When should you consider rejuvenation for ageing hands?
- If you have age spots, blemishes and pigmentation on the hands
- If you can pinch the skin and it does not ‘bounce’ back straight away
- If the skin looks thin, dehydrated and wrinkled
- If you have prominent veins, tendons and bones
Hand Rejuvenation is effective for treating
- Age spots
- Sun spots
- Liver spots
- Ageing hands
- Prominent veins and tendons
- Dull looking hands